Check off each one of these items when setting up for video recording.
- Turn on Florescent lights on the backdrop to allow ample time to warm up (5 min at the least)
- Adjust placement of subject lights for where the subject will be standing.
- Adjust brightness of lights so that subject is evenly lit without major contrast on the face.
Camera & Mic
- Ensure memory card is in camera and formatted so there is plenty of space for your current video.
- Screw tripod mount screw into bottom of camera.
- Focus camera. (Switch to auto focus, point lens at what you want to be in focus, and half-way depress shutter button, then switch back to manual focus. View video tutorial here.)
- Make sure exposure is right (face not blown out & not too dark)
- Turn microphone on and make sure it’s connected to camera.
- If subject is looking at the camera, position subject right, left or center in frame. Change it up.
- For interview style, position subject on the side of screen opposite the interviewer.