Breeze Mowing Team Tag (must then log into Breeze)
- Safety is number one priority! Please use extreme care. Grounds are not flat or free from obstacles. If you are not familiar with using a riding lawn mower team up with someone who does and learn on the south field before operating on inclines or along road.
- Eye and ear protection are available and required.
- Preferably mow on Thursday, Friday or Saturday (weather permitting)
- Do not mow early morning or late evening when there is dew on the grass
- For safety, mow up and down inclines rather than across, use push mower as appropriate
- Use push mower and/or trimmer around retaining walls, culvert, and other hazards
- Do not blow towards building or cars
- Rake if there is excess trimmings piled/lumped up
- Blow trimmings off of sidewalks and entry ways
- Four sections
- North of old church
- North of parking lot and along pond
- Islands east of youth center and east of flower garden/patio
- South field
Trimming / Blowing
- Around trees, retaining walls, side walks, and any terrain that can’t be easily/safety mowed with rider or push mower
- Use only mixed gas at a 50:1 ratio. Gas should be available for you. If gas is getting low, please contact Grounds Lead and/or Church office.
Spraying (once a month?)
- Using buggy with rider on lot for weed control
- Using buggy wand around building for weeds/trees that grow in rock areas, cement areas, etc
Operating Riding Lawn Mower
- Seated and with foot on break, move throttle to ¾ position and hold full choke. When running manage choke until warm and running without choke.
- Rider has hydraulic mower deck lift and should be lifted when driving in shed and lowered when mowing
- To engage the mower blades, you may need to be moving forward (it seems odd but that is what I have found)
- Should not manually adjust mower deck mowing height unless coordinated with the Grounds lead.
- Mower will stop running when not in seated position
- Mower should be run at full throttle when mowing
- Mower does not have a ejection flap so please be very careful mowing around others, cars, buildings, etc.
- Key for shed is stored
- Automated reminders will be sent out each week.
- Use Premium fuel no Ethanal in all equipment. Mower is straight gas, blower/trimmer is mixed 50:1
(Doesn’t have to participate in mowing)
- Schedule management.
- Maintain a guide for mowing routine and biblical principles for how we go about it.
- Ensure fuel is at church each week so the individual mowing doesn’t need to worry about that.
- Flags for danger spots.
- Ensure weeks are sprayed on monthly basis. Buy and mix round up solution
- Ensure birds are not nesting on building
- Spray weeks in drive, around building, etc
- All gas, chemicals, trimmer line, etc expenses are reimbursable. Turn into office.